Events affecting the highway
Event organisers must register all public and private events which may impact upon the use of the highway. This includes any event which may:
- Require you to apply for temporary road closures
- Affect the safety of pedestrians and other road users
- Increase on-street parking
- Restrict access for emergency vehicles
- Affect planned highways works
We will work with event organisers to minimise disruption and ensure safety. If a temporary road closure is required, the organiser must give the council a minimum of 13 weeks' notice.
For street parties, the organiser is required to:
- Read your guide to organising a street party
- Download the application form
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other events, the organiser is required to:
Applicants must agree to all requirements outlined in the 'notes' section of the online form.
We will review all applications as quickly as possible and respond accordingly.
For large events, a multi-agency safety advisory group will provide advice and co-ordinate responses.
Applications for licences or permits, such as entertainment, charitable collections etc, must be obtained from the relevant district council.
For all other queries about events on the highway, email email@example.com