Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Events affecting the highway

Event organisers must register all public and private events which may impact upon the use of the highway. This includes any event which may:

We will work with event organisers to minimise disruption and ensure safety. If a temporary road closure is required, the organiser must give the council a minimum of 13 weeks' notice.

For street parties, the organiser is required to:

For all other events, the organiser is required to:


Applicants must agree to all requirements outlined in the 'notes' section of the online form.

We will review all applications as quickly as possible and respond accordingly.

For large events, a multi-agency safety advisory group will provide advice and co-ordinate responses.

Applications for licences or permits, such as entertainment, charitable collections etc, must be obtained from the relevant district council.

For all other queries about events on the highway, email


The following files will open in their associated programs.
To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade for free visit the Adobe website

For help with reading pdf files please visit the Adobe Acrobat Access site

Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 7 March 2017

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET