Report a concern about a staff member or volunteer
If you suspect a person who works with children, has:
- behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates that he or she may pose a risk of harm to children
- behaved or may have behaved in a way that indicates they may not be suitable to work with children
A referral should be made to the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) by filling out the LADO referral form.
The Managing Allegations of Abuse Made Against Persons who Work with Children and Young People procedure applies when an allegation or suspicion arises within:
- an individual's own work
- with his or her own children
- with other children living outside the family
- historical allegations
If you are unsure whether a LADO referral form should be completed, make contact with the LADO service on 01522 554674 to discuss your concerns.
Both the referrer and the LADO should be clear about who will be taking what action, or that no further action will be taken.
The LADO will make a record of this decision.
If the LADO agrees that LADO threshold is met, the referrer (if a professional) must complete the LADO referral form within 24 hours. Repeating all relevant information and any agreed actions.
If you prefer you can complete a Microsoft Word version of the referral form and return it by email to [email protected].