Child Protection Conference
All agencies should make information available to the conference if they:
- have participated in a Section 47 Enquiry
- or, have relevant information about the child or family members
They should do this by using the appropriate reports.
The report should include details of:
- your agency involvement with the child and family
- information concerning your agency knowledge of the child’s developmental needs
- the capacity of the parents to meet the needs of their child within their family and environmental context
You should discuss with colleagues before preparing your contribution. This ensures it contains all relevant and available information from your agency.
You should ensure key issues in your report are shared with the parents and child (if old enough) before the conference.