Apply to move school

How to apply

If you are moving house, you can apply for a school place before you move.

We cannot use your new address for the oversubscription criteria until you move in. Once moved in, you must provide us with proof of your new address (for example, a council tax bill).

School places can only be held for up to six school weeks.

If your preferred schools are unable to offer a place, we cannot help you find a school until you live in the county.

If you live outside the UK, you cannot apply in advance unless you are in the armed forces. 

Service personnel and crown servants

Other rules may apply for some armed forces and crown servants. 

Email [email protected].

Apply to move school