School places for vulnerable children
We must provide for school-age children who face problems with getting a place outside the normal admissions round. This includes:
- children from the criminal justice system or pupil referral units who need to return to mainstream education
- children who have been out of education for two months or more
- children of Gypsies, Roma, Travellers, refugees and asylum seekers
- children who are homeless
- children with family backgrounds for whom a place has not been sought
- children who are carers
- children with special educational needs, disabilities or medical conditions, but without a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
For more advice, see the fair access protocol.
Parents of vulnerable children or critical workers who wish for advice about attending school can contact [email protected] or 07717880678.