Apply for a school place

Before you apply

Parents or carers must apply for their child to:

If your child needs a school place in a different year group or at another point in the year, you need to apply to move school.

You should check if your child is eligible for free or post-16 school transport.

To find out more about a school, use our directory.

Further information on going to school in Lincolnshire is available in our guide.

SEND school places

Most children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) will have their needs met at a mainstream school or college. 

If your child has an education and health care plan (EHCP), you should contact your caseworker as you cannot apply via the typical admissions process.

If you need to apply for a place at a special school, read about SEND school places.

If your child does not have an EHCP, you can continue to apply online.