How to apply
You can apply for a school place in September online:
- primary school admissions open on 16 November 2020 and close 15 January 2021
- re-opens 17 April 2021 and closes 17 May 2021
- secondary school admissions open on 9 September 2020 and closes on 31 October 2020
- re-opens 2 March 2021 and closes 30 March 2021
When you apply:
- you can select up to three schools, in order of preference
- you may want to check if your child is eligible for free or post-16 school transport
- if you are moving house or need to change schools, read about moving school
Service personnel and crown servants
You can apply for a school place in advance of a forces move.
You can apply within the usual deadline for Reception, Year 3 or Year 7. At any other time, you must apply six weeks in advance.
We will use your unit postal or forces housing address to apply a school's oversubscription criteria. You must send us proof of your posting.
We will ask the schools you apply for if they wish to offer you a place, even if they are full.
If none of them can offer a place, we will find you one at the closest school.
All European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss national children have the right to enter the country to access a school.
If you hold a General, Business, or Family Visitor visa to the UK, your child would not be permitted to study at an academy or a local authority-funded school or further education college.
If you would like your child to study in the UK your child would be required to hold a Tier 4 visa to allow them to study at an independent school only.
Please ensure your child holds the correct entry visa before making an application for a school place.