How to apply
You can apply for a school place in September online:
- primary school admissions open on 14 November 2019 and close on 15 January 2020
- re-opens 17 April 2020 and closes 18 May 2020
- secondary school admissions open on 9 September 2019 and close on 31 October 2019
- re-opens 3 March 2020 and closes 31 March 2020
When you apply:
- you can select up to three schools, in order of preference
- you may want to check if your child is eligible for free or post-16 school transport
- if you are moving house or need to change schools, read about moving school
Service personnel and crown servants
You can apply for a school place in advance of a forces move.
You can apply within the usual deadline for Reception, Year 3 or Year 7. At any other time, you must apply six weeks in advance.
We will use your unit postal or forces housing address to apply a school's oversubscription criteria. You must send us proof of your posting.
We will ask the schools you apply for if they wish to offer you a place, even if they are full.
If none of them can offer a place, we will find you one at the closest school.