Before you apply
For information on this service during the current COVID-19 pandemic please read Information for parents and carers before continuing.
If your child is not eligible for free school transport, you must ensure they can get to school safely.
If your child is of compulsory school age, they will get free school transport if they:
- live in Lincolnshire
- attend a school within the designated transport area (DTA) for their home address
- attend a school nearer to their home address than the DTA school
- attend a school we allocate because there were no places in nearer schools
- and, live:
- more than two miles away (primary school)
- more than three miles away (secondary school)
If you live in a town, transport will only be provided to the nearest school, subject to the distance criteria above.
If you need to confirm a school's designated transport area, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport is only provided at each end of the day to and from your child’s main home address.
For more advice, read the schools and college transport policy.
If you think your child’s route to school or pick-up point is unsuitable to walk, you can ask us to assess it. Email email@example.com