GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy

Apply for a temporary road restriction

We can temporarily close or divert roads to allow for maintenance, events or emergencies.

You must give us at least 13 weeks' notice of the restriction required. You must agree to meet the full costs.

You must contact the police if you want to hold an event or demonstration which affects the highway.

Apply for a temporary road restriction

What happens next?

If approved, signed diversion routes are put in place to ensure that all traffic follows a suitable route.

View approved temporary road restrictions

We publish all planned closures as notices in local newspapers. We also send letters to district and parish councils, emergency services and bus companies.