Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Report a highways fault

Lincolnshire County Council is responsible for maintaining the county’s adopted roads and footpaths. We will only accept reports for highways faults that are our responsibility.

Read the street lighting page to find out about recent changes before submitting a related report.


To report one of the issues below, select the relevant link for further help:

If you are unable to report a fault online, call 01522 782070 (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday).

Outside office hours, if your fault presents an immediate danger, call police on 101.

We are only potentially liable for damage to vehicles or personal injury if we have been negligent, contravening Section 58 of the Highways Act 1980. If you wish to submit an insurance claim, call 01522 782070.

If your issue is not covered by our fault reporting system, use the general highways enquiry form.

Response times

Response times depend upon the type of fault and the frequency of routine inspections by the council.

Download the highways inspection frequencies to find out how frequently your road is inspected, then check it against the response times for fault reports.


The following files will open in their associated programs. To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade or for help, visit the Adobe website.

Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Get in touch

General enquiries for highways, transport and environmental services.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 5 March 2018

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET