Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Highways enforcement action

To protect the rights of the public, the county council may take enforcement action over a range of highways issues.

When reporting a possible enforceable issue to us, you must provide a precise location and detailed description. If possible, supply name and address of person or business you believe to be at fault.

For parking issues, visit our parking pages and email

You can report all other issues online:


We will only accept reports that are our responsibility. Our responsibilities include:

  • Keeping adopted highways free from nuisance, danger, some obstructions, unlawful stopping, interference and encroachments.
  • Keeping public rights of way open and safe for use, free from obstruction and clearly marked.
  • Co-ordinating works, including those by utility companies, in the interests of safety, public convenience and the protection of the highway.
  • Checking that works requested of owners/occupiers of land have been carried out to the standards agreed (eg repairs to stiles, clearance of crops).

If your issue presents immediate danger, contact police on 101.

Information about parking enforcement


Pay or challenge a PCN, apply for a Blue Badge and find out about parking enforcement.


Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Get in touch

General enquiries for highways, transport and environmental services.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 10 March 2017

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET