Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Road signs and markings

The county council maintains all road signs and markings in Lincolnshire.

We routinely inspect them for a variety of faults but we rely on the public to report them too.


  • Damaged signs causing an obstruction or safety issue will be assessed quickly and made safe.
  • Missing or damaged Give Way, One Way, Stop and No Entry signs will be fixed within 28 days.
  • Other missing or damaged signs will be added to a planned programme of works and, in some cases, may not be replaced.
  • Deteriorating Stop and Give Way lines will be replaced within 28 days.
  • Other road markings will be replaced as part of a planned programme of works.

To request new signs or markings, email or write to Signs and Lines Team, Lincolnshire County Council, Crown House, Grantham Street, Lincoln, LN2 1BD.

Include as much detail possible as requests will be assessed in accordance with national regulations and local policy. Depending on the type of sign requested, the applicant may have to meet all costs.

To find out what all highways signs and markings mean, search the Highway Code manual.

Tourism signs

All costs for the provision of brown tourism signs are paid for by the attraction/facility.

The requirements and costs are outlined in the signposting for tourist attractions and facilities document. There are no concessions for charities or venues that are owned or operated by councils.

To make a formal application, email including:

  • Postal address of attraction/facility
  • Postal address of applicant, if different from above
  • Brief description of the venue


The following files will open in their associated programs.
To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade for free visit the Adobe website

For help with reading pdf files please visit the Adobe Acrobat Access site

Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 6 March 2017

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET