Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Temporary traffic lights

The use of temporary traffic signals in Lincolnshire must be approved by the county council.

Applications, including those by Section 50 licence holders, must be made in accordance with the process below. The applicant is responsible for:

  • All temporary traffic management
  • Planning the works, taking into account schools, zebra crossings etc.
  • Risk assessments

Works taking place under the Lincolnshire Permit Scheme (LiPS) do not require this application.


  • Your application must be made in accordance with the notice periods in the application pack for temporary traffic signals.
  • You must provide a 1:1250 plan (or better), showing the location of the works and the required position of signal heads, along with your application form
  • If your application is for works near a level crossing, you will also require approval from the relevant rail authority. This will require more substantial notice periods and planning
  • If your application requires you to apply for a temporary traffic signals design. There is a charge of £50+VAT for this service.
  • If your application requires you to apply for temporary switch-off of traffic signal equipment, this will require 10 days' notice and will be subject to additional charges. As charges vary, an estimate will be supplied but you will be charged actual costs for provision of the service

The operator of the temporary traffic signals must:


The following files will open in their associated programs. To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade or for help, visit the Adobe website.

Information about parking enforcement


Pay or challenge a PCN, apply for a Blue Badge and find out about parking enforcement.


Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Get in touch

General enquiries for highways, transport and environmental services.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 7 March 2018

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET