Wainfleet Railway Station
Wainfleet All Saints was an ancient port and market town, famous for the Batemans Brewery and the Magdalen College School founded by William of Waynflete in 1484.
The town is notable for its Market Place clock tower and Barkham Street, a replica of an east London street uncomfortably situated in a village setting.
The parish church of Wainfleet All Saints was built in 1820-21 and replaced a medieval church two miles to the west of the town, which had become unsafe.
Just off the A52 both north and south of the town of Wainfleet All Saints can be seen two mounds both believed to be Viking burial mounds. A number of coins from the period have been found in the vicinity. The town stands on the former Roman settlement of Vainono.
The town was the end on the Great Northern Railway until the construction of the town of Skegness some 6-7 miles east.
Train Operator: East Midlands Trains
Ticket sales by ‘phone: 08457 125 678
Reproduced from the 1996 OS Mapping with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (C) Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to civil proceedings. OS LICENCE 100025370.