Safeguarding concerns should be directed to the CSC (01522 782111) for a conversation with an early help advisor.
Criteria for settings that may be vulnerable or in need of support Where a Manager or committee has concerns that their provision may be vulnerable or in need of support they are able to raise these with Early Years and Childcare Support will be agreed dependent on level of concern/need following an allocation discussion between Leads for Improvement and Sector Support & Development.
Guiding principles for what might constitute a vulnerable setting or a setting in need of support:
- A setting needing support to comply with the SEND Code of Practice 2014 or support to make reasonable adjustments in line with the Equality Act 2010
- A setting needing support in inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
Early Years Sector Improvement
- A setting needing support to meet the learning and development requirements of the EYFS
- A setting needing support to comply with the Assessment requirements of the EYFS
Sector Support and Development
- A setting needing support to meet the requirements of the EYFS and other legislation. (Being exempt from Ofsted Early Year's Registration does not mean a school can depart from the requirements of the EYFS)
- A setting that is concerned that they may be offering activities that compromise children's safety, health and wellbeing
- A setting at risk of closure
- A setting with premises and leasing issues that may impact on the continuation of service
- A setting that has financial issues that threaten business continuity
- A setting that is seeking to expand its provision or open a second site
Early Years Entitlement
- A setting that needs support to follow Local Authority Guidance for the Early Years Entitlement funding or related additional Early Years funding
Early Years Professional Development
- A setting that needs support in meeting the requirements of the EYFS in terms of qualifications and statutory training
Self-help: In the first instance universal support can be found via the Early Years and Childcare website (opens in new window).