Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Coming into care

Sometimes things go wrong in families. This means that some children can’t live with their parents.

We want you to be back home with your family, but you have to be safe. We can’t say how long this will take.

If it’s a safe and good thing to do, adults will help you to keep seeing your family.

Care Plan

All Looked After Children have a Care Plan. Your care Plan includes how long you will be Looked After, where you will live, and what needs to happen. Your Care Plan is made by you and your Social Worker.

An Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) makes sure that you understand your Care Plan, and that it’s right for you. Your IRO is there to help and will take your thoughts and feelings seriously. You will have a review within 1 month of becoming Looked After, then 3 months later, then every 6 months; or sooner if needed.

The types of things that will be included in your review are:

  • how you are feeling
  • your Care Plan
  • where you live
  • contact with family and friends
  • your education
  • hobbies and interests
  • things you are worried about
  • things you might want to complain about
  • your future

Social Workers

Your Social Worker will see you regularly, listen to you, treat you with respect and as an individual to help you make the right choices for you.


Voices for Choices (V4C) is the Lincolnshire Looked After Children’s Council. V4C is a group of children and young people who are Looked After or Care Leavers. V4C works for you to help change things for the better, find out more in the v4c section.

Your Rights

Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child says that you have the right to say what you think about issues that affect you. You can learn more at By law Lincolnshire County Council has to listen to you and take your views and feelings seriously.

If you are not happy with what’s happening then talk to you Foster Carers, Key Worker, or Social Worker, or someone else you feel you can trust. Hopefully they will be able to help make things better. If you’re still not happy, or feel you’re not being listened to, you can ask for an Advocate.


An Advocate helps children and young people who feel they aren’t being listened to. They do not work for Carers or Social Workers; they are independent. They can work with you to make sure your wishes and feelings are listened to when people are making decisions about you.

In Lincolnshire, independent advocacy is provided by Total Voice Lincolnshire. There are different ways to contact them:


The Pledge is a list of promises that we have made to all children and young people we look after. It also shows adults who work with children and young people what they should do to support you.

This Pledge stands up for your rights. Remember that with rights come responsibilities.

All people have rights, including children and young people. Our country has signed an important United Nations document called The Convention on the Rights of the Child. Find out more about the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

The pledge sets out the things you have a right to. If you feel we are not keeping our promise to you in any way, you can:

  • Talk about it first if you can with your Foster Carer, Key Worker, Social Worker or Children’s Home Manager
  • Contact the advocacy service They can help you get things sorted out. Have a look at the Advocacy section in this kit
  • Contact the Complaints Manager - Tel: 01522 782060 | Email: | Web:
  • Contact the Lincolnshire Social Care Children Line - Tel: 01522 782111


The following files will open in their associated programs. To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade or for help, visit the Adobe website.

What Now! newsletter signup

The What Now! newsletter is provided by the Youth Hub and contains opportunities, guidance and news on everything in Lincolnshire.


If you have a safeguarding concern about yourself or another child call:

  • Normal working hours 01522 782111
  • Out-of-hours emergencies 01522 782333

lincs Safeguarding Children Board

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET