Your child’s birth details must be re-registered with us under two circumstances:
1. The natural parents are now married to each other
Either parent can attend the appointment and they must bring:
- a completed LA1 form
- a copy of the marriage certificate
2. You want to add the natural father’s details
The birth can only be re-registered if:
- the mother and father both attend the appointment
- either parent has obtained a court order naming the father
- either parent makes a statutory declaration acknowledging parentage of the child
You must bring:
- a completed GRO185 form
- and, if required, a statutory declaration of acknowledging parentage form
- or, a court order
A statutory declaration of parentage must be witnessed by a solicitor or person legally able to witness an oath.
To book an appointment at any of our registration offices in Lincolnshire, call 01522 782244.