You can convert your civil partnership into a marriage at any registration office in Lincolnshire.
At your appointment, you must complete a declaration to request the conversion of your civil partnership into a marriage. You must bring:
- evidence of your names, dates of birth and addresses
- your civil partnership certificate
To complete the conversion, you must sign the declaration. This can be done at your appointment or as part of a ceremony at:
- a registration office
- a licenced venue
- a religious building where same-sex marriages are allowed
To book an appointment, call 01522 782244.
Conversion and ceremony fees
If you want to sign the declaration at your initial appointment, there is a fee of £45.
If you want to sign the declaration at a ceremony, there is a fee of £27 at the initial appointment plus a ceremony fee.
At a registration office, our ceremony fees are:
- £220 - Monday to Thursday
- £235 - Friday and Saturday
- £260 - Sunday and Bank Holidays
At a licensed venue, our ceremony fees are:
- £410 - Monday to Thursday
- £450 - Friday and Saturday
- £500 - Sunday and Bank Holidays
Fees charged by a religious building where same-sex marriages are allowed are your responsibility. Our fee for a registrar to attend a religious building is £91.
You must pay all our fees six weeks before the day of the ceremony.
You can buy marriage certificates at your appointment or ceremony. They cost £11 each.