Opened in 1927, the Usher Gallery provides a unique wedding location in the heart of the city, offering an experience your guests will always remember. Local businessman and philanthropist James Ward Usher left considerable funds to build the gallery after his death in 1921. It was officially opened in May 1927 by the then Prince of Wales, Edward VIII.
Wedding ceremonies take place in the gallery on the ground floor, transforming into a stunning venue for couples to tie the knot.
Entering through the original entrance brings you and your guests into the stunning hallway and sweeping staircase providing that perfect photo opportunity.
An alternative accessible entrance to the gallery takes guests through a glass pavilion that provides excellent views of Temple Gardens.
The room can accommodate 80 guests and is open for free viewings from Thursday to Monday, 10am – 4pm. We also offer open days for couples to see the space configured as pictured.
Ceremony bookings at the Usher Gallery include:
- The hire of the room and the Registrars to perform your ceremony.
- The ceremony room is decorated in a contemporary style. Because the Usher Gallery is a working art gallery, we do not offer customisation options for the room. Still, we offer plenty of options for the ceremony to make it a special and meaningful celebration.
- You will be allocated one hour thirty minutes to two hours as part of your booking, which includes thirty minutes before the start to allow your guests to arrive, take their seats and enjoy the surroundings. Your ceremony will last around thirty minutes, during which time the Registrars will conduct a custom ceremony with options for music and readings. You will also have an hour after your ceremony for photo opportunities in the gallery and use of the Temple Gardens.
- You will have access to a modern sound system to allow music to accompany your ceremony.
- We will provide access outside the venue for your bridal car to pull up to help you arrive in style!
- The art gallery will remain open to the public during your ceremony. However, the ceremony room is closed to visitors for the duration of your booking.
- As part of your booking, you will receive regular contact from our Ceremonies Team to answer any questions.
For any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.