The Lord-Lieutenant is the British monarch's representative in each county of the United Kingdom.
Their role includes:
- making the arrangements for all Royal visits to the county
- making the guest list for Royal garden parties
- giving advice on matters concerning the Crown
- giving advice on honours nominations
- presenting honours, such as OBEs, MBEs etc
Lincolnshire's current Lord-Lieutenant is Mr Toby Dennis.
The Lord Lieutenant may appoint a Vice Lord-Lieutenant who will stand in their place if they are absent, sick or unable to act.
The current Vice Lord-Lieutenant is Mr Andrew Clark DL.