County councillors are elected every four years and help to shape county services.
Each councillor is elected to one of 70 divisions in Lincolnshire.
Their role includes:
- helping residents to use council services
- speaking out on behalf of people from their division
- making decisions about council policy
- scrutinising decisions made by the council
- setting the council's budget
As a councillor, you may wish to represent a political party or stand as an independent.
Support for councillors
If you are elected, you will receive support from county council officers to help you to fulfil your duties. You will also receive ongoing training.