CONTEST is the UK’s strategy for countering terrorism. It involves many partners working together, including us.
It has four elements:
- Pursue - to stop terrorist attacks through disruption, investigation and detection
- Prepare - where an attack cannot be stopped, to mitigate its impact
- Protect - to strengthen against terrorist attack, including borders and utilities
- Prevent - to stop people becoming terrorists or being draw towards terrorism
What is PREVENT?
Prevent aims to stop people becoming terrorists or being drawn towards terrorism.
It aims to:
- tackle the causes of radicalisation
- respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism
- safeguard and support those most at risk of radicalisation
- enable people already engaged in terrorism to disengage and rehabilitate
- safeguard vulnerable people
For more information about Prevent, visit the Lincolnshire Police website.
What we do
We work with organisations and community groups to:
- help identify and challenge extremism in an appropriate way
- train staff to spot others who may be at risk of supporting terrorism or extremism. They can then refer them for support
- provide free Prevent workshops. These raise awareness of Prevent and other aspects that lead to extremism and terrorism
To make an enquiry, email [email protected].
Report a concern
If you have a concern that someone you know is drawn to extremism, report it to [email protected] or call 01522 885350.
You can also use the Prevent referral form on Lincolnshire Police website.
For advice, call 101 and ask for the Prevent team.
For immediate threats, such as a suspicious package or vehicle, always call 999.