CONTEST is the UK’s strategy for countering terrorism. It involves many partners working together, including us.
It has four elements:
- Pursue - to stop terrorist attacks through disruption, investigation and detection
- Prepare - where an attack cannot be stopped, to mitigate its impact
- Protect - to strengthen against terrorist attack, including borders and utilities
- Prevent - to stop people becoming terrorists or being drawn towards terrorism
What is PREVENT?
Prevent aims to stop people becoming terrorists or being drawn towards terrorism.
It aims to:
- tackle the causes of radicalisation
- respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism
- safeguard and support those most at risk of radicalisation
- enable people already engaged in terrorism to disengage and rehabilitate
- safeguard vulnerable people
For more information about Prevent, visit the Lincolnshire Police website.
What we do
We work with organisations and community groups to:
- help identify and challenge extremism in an appropriate way
- train staff to spot others who may be at risk of supporting terrorism or extremism. They can then refer them for support
- provide free Prevent workshops. These raise awareness of Prevent and other aspects that lead to extremism and terrorism
To make an enquiry, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a concern
If you have a concern that someone you know is drawn to extremism, report it to email@example.com for both referrals and enquires or call 101 and ask for the Prevent Team.
You can also use the Prevent referral form on Lincolnshire Police website.
For advice, call 101 and ask for the Prevent team.
For immediate threats, such as a suspicious package or vehicle, always call 999.