A circular walk from the village of Bassingham and taking in the local countryside.
Two miles (three kilometres)
- Starting point
Village Hall car park on Lincoln Road
Grid reference SK 911 598
- Leave Bassingham Village Hall car park and turn left. At the crossroads turn right onto Lincoln Road. At the T-junction turn right, past the war memorial, and follow the road as it bends to the right past the Wesleyan chapel. Follow the road around to the left and continue past the shops, post office and pub.
- Turn left along Water Lane. Just before the road bends, turn right along the public footpath between a house and bungalow. Follow the path straight on along the edge of two fields to a road.
- Cross the road and follow the restricted byway opposite to the right of the cottage. Cross the bridge and the field to the metal gate in the hedge. Follow the path with the hedge on your right.
- In front of the farmhouse turn right and follow the track to the road and turn right.
10. Follow the road into the village until it meets Linga Lane, turn right. At the junction with Lincoln Road turn left to return to the car park.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
The walk is level and uses roadside pavements, tracks, and field paths which may be muddy at times.
There are no stiles.
You may encounter livestock.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point