Enjoy a circular walk through the villages and surrounding farmland. Billinghay lies 17 miles south-east of Lincoln and nine miles north-east of Sleaford. Both villages sit on a ridge of sand and gravel giving excellent views across The Fens and towards The Wolds. These mainly level walks use tracks, field paths and quiet lanes
2.5 miles (four kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid ref TF 155 549
- Walk along Victoria Street to West Street and turn left.
- At the school, cross the road and follow the public footpath along the side of the school field. Follow this path behind the houses and along a field edge. Cross the track in front of the farm building and bear slightly right across the next field to a concrete trig. point. Cross the next field by aiming towards a footpath post to the left of the telegraph pole. Bear slightly right across the next field, towards the red-roofed house, to a bridge. Cross the bridge, turn left and follow the hedge to the road.
- Turn left and walk into Billinghay.
- Turn right down Mill Lane, signposted to Sleaford. Walk past the Fire Station and continue along the road, taking care.
- Take the second public footpath on the left opposite the road to Digby, and follow the track alongside the hedge. Leave the track as it bends to the right and continue on in the same direction onto the playing field.
- Walk around the bowling green and behind the Village Hall into the car park. Leave the car park and continue in the same direction to a junction with the High Street, past a village mosaic.
- Turn right onto the High Street.
- Turn left onto Queen Street at the side of The Ship to return to Victoria Street and the starting point.
- Download map
Suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- Map of starting point