On this circular walk you will experience both town and country taking in some of the historic streets of Boston, and walking beside the river Witham.
3.5 miles (5.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference TF 328 438
- Leave The Guildhall and turn right. Cross the Market Place and turn left along Church Lane (in front of the statue of Herbert Ingram near St Botolph's church).
- Walk over the pedestrian bridge and turn immediately right. Follow the riverside path, signed to the marina.
- At the Grand Sluice bridge cross the road. Turn left and cross the railway line, and then turn right along Witham Bank West to continue alongside the river and past the marina.
- At the Rowing Club continue straight on along the riverside path. After approximately 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometres) leave the river bank down a slope to a road opposite one of Boston Woods Trust's woods, Beech Wood. It is well worth making a detour and exploring this woodland.
- Turn left and follow the road, past Grange Wood, into the housing area.
a) After the first group of bungalows on the left turn left along the public footpath next to a fence. At the road continue straight ahead along Carlton road and walk past the play area.
b) At the end of the open green space turn left along the path to the river bank. Turn right and follow the river bank path back to the Grand Sluice bridge.
c) Turn left over the bridge and follow the road to the traffic lights. Continue straight on along Witham Place. As the road bends, continue straight on along Wormgate. Turn left in front of the Stump (St Boltolph's church) to return to the Market Place.
- Cross the Market Place and walk along South Street to return to the starting point.
- Download map
Has no stiles or livestock.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Points of interest
- Map of starting point
- Further Information