A circular walk through the Lincolnshire Limewoods area passing medieval earthworks and walking through Wickenby Wood, part of the Bardney Limewoods National Nature Reserve.
3.75 miles (six kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference TF 067 847
- With your back to the Memorial Hall turn right.
- After approximately 250m leave the main road and follow Buslingthorpe Road straight ahead. Follow the road through Buslingthorpe.
- Where the road bends sharp left walk straight ahead along a public footpath.
- At the top of the slope, and at a waymarker post, turn left into the field then bear right and walk towards the lone cottage.
- At the road turn right. Follow the road for approximately one mile (1.5 kilometres) to a junction.
- For the shorter walk turn right and join the directions at 9.
9. Approximately 150m after the junction turn right onto a public footpath. Follow the path ahead beside the ditch to a hedge and bridge. Cross the bridge and bear slightly right across the next field to the corner of the woodland.
10. Bear slightly left across the field heading to the waymarker post next to a gap in the hedge at the top of the field.
11. Bear slightly left across the next field to a waymarker post and gap in the hedge. Continue in the same direction across the next field to the right hand corner of the sewage works compound.
12. Cross the bridge and follow the track for approximately 50m before turning right over a small bridge. Bear left across the field to the road.
13. Turn right and follow the roadside path into Faldingworth.
- Download map
Suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point