Enjoy a circular walk through the low lying fens around the village of Friskney. The landscape is open and flat with extensive views and large skies. Using field paths, tracks and quiet lanes, it may be muddy in places.
4.5 miles (Seven kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference TF 461 551
- Turn left out of the Village Hall car park and follow the public footpath sign behind the beacon, along the edge of the field towards the church. You will be walking behind the village shop. At the road turn right and then left under the arch to enter the church grounds. At the front door turn right, through the gate and cross the road to a public footpath. On the left is the site of the old general stores and post office and the primary school is on the right. Follow the tarmac path to a junction with a road.
- Continue straight ahead along Chapel Lane. Follow the road until it bends right and the chapel is in front of you. Turn left along a footpath before Chapel House, going behind the house and chapel to a road.
- Turn left along the road. At the crossroads turn right onto Low Road. Follow the road for approximately 0.75 miles (one kilometre).
8. Turn right into Mill Lane and follow it for approximately 400m.
9. Turn right onto the public footpath. Follow the path across the fields to a junction of paths. Continue straight on and follow the directions below from point 4 on the map.
4. This path is known as Middle Street. Continue along the path over the footbridge and across the field keeping the dyke on your right. Bear right at the telegraph pole, go through the hedge continue in the same direction along the field edge. Keep the bungalow on your right as you walk down a drive to the road. Cross the road and continue straight on along the footpath.
5. Follow the path over the culvert and across the middle of the field. Walk past two houses and then along a tarmac drive towards a bungalow. As the drive bends to the right, in front of the bungalow, walk straight ahead along the footpath to a road.
6. Turn right along Lentons Lane to a T-Junction. At the junction turn left into Field Lane. Follow the road round the ‘s’ bends. At the junction turn right into Church Road to return to the Village Hall.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
Has no stiles
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- Map of starting point