Enjoy a circular walk along the old and new sea banks with stunning views of The Wash. The walk uses field paths and quiet roads on level ground, apart from short climbs onto the banks. It can be uneven and muddy in places.
3.75 miles (six kilometres)
- Starting point
Gedney Drove End
Grid reference TF 461 294
- Leave the car park and turn left.
- Turn left along the public footpath at the side of Park View bungalow, cross the drain and climb up onto the old sea bank.
- Turn right and walk along the bank to the road.
- Turn left along the road to a T - junction.
- Walk straight across and follow the footpath to the new sea bank.
- Climb the bank and at the top turn right and follow the path along the top of the bank. If you look to your left you will see the RAF Holbeach weapons range.
- For the shorter walk take the signed public footpath on the right after walking approximately one mile (1.5 kilometres) along sea bank. Just before the main road turn right along the footpath which runs along the edge of the field. Rejoin the walk instructions at 12.
12. Take the public footpath which continues in the same direction along a field edge next to a drain. Again you are walking along the old sea bank. Follow the path to the road.
13. Turn left along the road into the village.
14. At the road turn right and follow this road back to the Village Hall and car park.
- Download map
The walks use the old and new sea banks, some field paths and short stretches on quiet roads to access stunning views of The Wash. They are on level ground, apart from short climbs onto the banks.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point