Ruskington is one of Lincolnshire's largest villages and is surrounded by attractive and varied countryside. This walk will take you to a high point to see views of the Wolds. Mostly level walking it may be muddy and uneven in places.
The railway line is crossed once.
2.25 miles (3.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
All Saints’ church at the junction of Church Street and High Street North
Grid reference: TF 082 510
- From the church walk along High Street (North) beside The Beck.
- Turn left along Parkfield Road and take the first right into East Close which leads onto Tomlinson Way. Walk to the far end, then between two houses and over a bridge.
- Turn right and after approximately 20 metres bear left across the field to the hedge and fence bordering the railway line. Cross the double railway track with care. Cross the next field by bearing diagonally left towards a waymarker post on the skyline. At the post and field corner, continue in the same direction across the next field.
- At the field corner and junction with a restricted byway and footpath, turn right along the restricted byway and follow it to a road.
- At the road turn right and follow it back to the village centre.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
- The walk uses pavements, roads, field paths and tracks.
- The railway line is crossed once.
- There are no stiles or livestock.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Map of starting point