Explore the Boston Woods Trust woodlands and green spaces close to the village of Wyberton. The walk takes in Jenny’s Wood, Sir Joseph Banks Country Park and Westgate Wood.
2.5 miles ( four kilometres)
- Starting point
Jenny’s Wood car park
West End Road
Grid ref: TF 310 420
- Walk into the woodland at the north end of the car park. Follow the surfaced path to a junction with another path.
- Turn right and follow the path, past the community orchard to a path junction. Turn right to the road.
- Cross the road and enter the Sir Joseph Banks Country Park, opposite. Follow the path ahead beside the ditch.
- Turn left along the path just before the tower.
At the edge of the woodland (Westgate Wood) and at a path junction turn right and follow the surfaced path to a car park.
- Turn sharp left and follow the surfaced path diagonally back through the middle of the woodland. At an open green area turn right and follow the path to a car park and road.
- Turn right and then immediately left along a public footpath. Follow the track along the edge of the drain. Where the track bends to the left continue straight ahead continuing to follow the drain.
- Before the pylon follow the path as it bears left to follow a smaller drain.
- Once in the village and at the road turn left. After approximately 650 metres bear left onto a path into Jenny’s Wood. At a junction of paths turn right to reach the car park and starting point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
The walk uses surfaced woodland paths, grass paths, field paths and roadside pavements.There are no stiles or livestock
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point