Explore the village, a typical Wash parish and Westgate Wood on this walk. Westgate Wood is one of the Boston Woods Trust sites and is a lovely maturing woodland with a meadow and arboretum close by. The walk uses tarmac paths, field paths and quiet lanes.
3.5 miles (5.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
Wyberton Parish Hall
Grid ref: TF 314 411
- Leave the Parish Hall, turn left and walk past the pub.
- Turn left along West End Road and follow it for 0.75 miles (1.25 kilometres) through the village.
- At the end of the village turn left along Five House Lane (signed to Westgate Wood).
- After approximately 600m turn right into Westgate Wood car park. Keep right and follow the path along the edge of the woodland to another car park and road.
- Turn sharp left and follow the surfaced path back through the middle of the woodland to a road.
- Turn right and then immediately left along a public footpath. Follow the track along the edge of the drain. Where the track bends to the left continue straight ahead continuing to follow the drain.
- Before the pylon follow the path as it bears left to follow a smaller drain.
- Once in the village and at the road turn right. At the T-junction turn right, past the pub, to return to the starting point.
- Download map
Suitable for families with children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point