A circular walk through Lincolnshire's Coastal Country Park, taking in wildlife areas, beach and the Cloud Bar. The walk uses the England Coast Path to reach Marsh Yard and Huttoft Car Terrace, and then the beach to return to Anderby Creek.
Walk to Marsh Yard two miles (3.5 kilometres) one hour
Walk to Huttoft Car Terrace 3.5 miles (5.5 kilometres) 1.75 hours
- Starting point
Grid reference: TF 551 761
- With your back to the beach café walk ahead along the track, signed England Coast Parh, running alongside the car park and then past a row of bungalows. Continue straight on through a small area of sycamore trees.
- After leaving the trees bear right to a track running along the bottom of the dunes, an area known as Moggs Eye. Follow the track into Marsh Yard car park and picnic site, to the toilets.
- For the shorter walk turn right, just after the toilets, on to the beach. Turn right and walk along the beach for approximately 1.5km (1 mile).
For the longer walk continue straight on through the car park. Bear left to follow the England Coast Path behind the dunes and along the edge of a field. At the end of the field cross the bridge and continue on in the same direction. On your left is Huttoft Marsh nature reserve. Look out for the bird viewing screen on the left.
- At the road, and Boatshed café, turn right onto Huttoft Car Terrace. Walk onto the beach, turn right. Walk along the beach for approximately three kilometres (1.75 miles) back to Anderby Creek.
- Anderby Creek is easily identified by the row of houses on top of the dunes. Turn right, just before these houses, past the Cloud Bar, to return to the starting point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
There are no stiles or livestock. Part of the walk is on the sandy beach.
- Facilities available on this walk
- parking - seasonal car park charges apply
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point