Enjoy a circular walk through Lincolnshire's coastal country park taking in farmland, a nature reserve, an old railway line and the beach. The walk follows tracks, field paths, quiet lanes and the sea wall.
Six miles (nine kilometres)
- Starting point
Huttoft Car Terrace
Huttoft Bank (south end of Sandilands golf course)
Grid reference: TF 541 786
Post code: LN13 9RT
Alternatively use the car park on Roman Bank, Sandilands (north end of Sandilands golf course)
Grid reference: TF 530 804
Post code: LN12 2RJ
- From the car park access ramp walk through the smaller car park to the north. Carry straight on along the concrete sea wall, which is part of the England Coast Path. Follow this for approximately 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometres) towards Sandilands. Sand may cover the sea wall at certain times of year. Alternatively you can walk along the beach. As you approach Sandilands walk past the first row of beach huts to a gap.
- Turn left and leave the sea wall, down some steps, to the car park. Walk across the grass area behind the toilets to the road.
- Turn left along Roman Bank and then right onto a public footpath at the entrance to Masons Close. Follow the path to the right of the bungalow ahead and turn right around the edge of the yard and then behind a barn. Follow the path straight across a small field to a bridge.
- Cross the bridge, turn left and follow the path beside the drain to a road.
- Turn right and walk along the verge for approximately 100m. Turn left onto a public footpath, taking care crossing the road. Follow the path beside the ditch, over a bridge and then straight on to a junction with another footpath.
- Turn left and follow the path straight on along the former railway line known as the Sutton Branch Line Walkway. Cross a large drainage channel and continue straight on along the old railway line for approximately 900m (just over 0.5 mile) to a road.
- Cross the road and walk along the footpath opposite, beside a hedge, to reach another road.
- Turn left and follow the road to a T-junction.
- Turn left and walk along the verge of this busier road. Turn right onto Sea Lane, taking care crossing the road. Walk along Sea Lane past a farm on the left. The road will then bend to the right, left and then to the left again.
- At this last bend leave the road and walk straight ahead along a track with a drain on the right. Follow the track for approximately 0.6 miles (one kilometre) to its end and the edge of a field where there is a fingerpost and owl box.
- Turn left and follow the path beside a ditch, then across a small field to another ditch. Turn right and follow the path to the road.
- Cross the road with care, turn left and walk along the road for approximately 80m. (Take care as this road can be busy during the summer months). Walk up onto the roadside bank and continue in the same direction along the bank to the road that leads into Huttoft Car Terrace.
- Turn right to return to the car park and starting point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
Has no stiles and is suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point