- Type of ride
Surfaced and unsurfaced quiet lanes, public rights of way and Forestry Commission rides. There are two carriage gaps on this loop. The route passes through each gap twice.
The Lindsey Trail is a long distance circular multi-user route through the Lincolnshire Wolds. It extends from Market Rasen to Horncastle.
11 miles (17.5km)
3.75 miles (Six kilometres) off road
7.25 miles (11km) on road
- Starting point
Willingham Woods car park
Grid reference TF 137 884
- Leave the western (Market Rasen) end of the car park. Turn left and cross the road. Continue straight ahead through a carriage gap and onto a forest track. Follow the track to a T-junction.
- Turn left. At the next junction of tracks bear left. Continue straight ahead for 1000m. Ignore the track on the left. You will come to a T-junction of tracks.
- Turn right. Follow the track. Go through the carriage gap to a T-junction.
- Turn right. Follow the byway past the houses to a road.
- Turn left. Follow the road through Legsby. Continue straight on towards East Torrington.
- In East Torrington turn left (signed Hainton). Follow the road for 1.75 miles (2.8km).
- Turn left onto a lane (signed public bridleway). Follow the track for 1.2 miles (1.9 km) to a junction. At the junction the bridleway meets an unclassified county road (UCR).
- Turn right onto the UCR. Continue straight ahead on the track. The track becomes a tarmac lane to a T-junction.
- Turn left and follow the road to a T-junction.
- Turn right (signed Market Rasen). Follow the road to where it bends sharp left.
- Leave the road by turning right. Continue onto a public byway and into Dog Kennel Wood. Follow the byway as it bears right. Continue in front of the houses and to the end of the paddocks.
- Turn left through a carriage gap. Follow the track for 200m to a junction of tracks.
- Turn left and follow the track to a T-junction. Turn right. Follow the track for 0.25 mile (450m).
- Turn right towards the road.
- Leave the woodland through a carriage gap. Cross the road to return to the starting point.
- Route map
- Map starting point