Bardney, Southrey, Stixwould, Wispington, Minting, Gautby, Bardney. With an off-road option to visit Chambers Farm Wood.
The route is circular, and mostly level.
- 13 miles (21km)
- Starting point
Bardney Heritage Centre,
Grid Ref: TF 113 691
There is an on road and off road route for this ride.
- Turn right out of the heritage centre, and cycle into Bardney. Follow the road through the village, heading towards Southrey, following the blue signs for the Water Rail Way winter route.
- Turn right (signed Southrey).
- In Southrey, cycle past the pub and through the gate. Turn left to join the Water Rail Way towards Woodhall Spa.
Turn right out of the heritage centre, after 300m turn right along a track (signed Water Rail Way, summer route. Turn right as you approach woodland, onto Southrey Road, (signed Water Rail Way). Follow track through gate to join the surfaced path by the river.
4. Continue along the Water Rail Way to the old station at Stixwould. Immediately after the platform, turn left off the Water Rail Way to join a lane.
5. Turn left towards Stixwould village.
6. Turn left (signed Bucknall).
20. Turn left at the T-junction, (signed Bucknall). Go through Bucknall, past the school and village hall.
21. Turn right (signed Waddingworth).
22. Turn left at the T-junction (signed Bardney).
At the crossroads in Bardney, go straight ahead along Church Lane. At the T-junction, turn left to return to the heritage centre.
- Route map
- Map of starting point
- Cycle hire
Bardney Heritage Centre, Station Road. Check opening times and bike availability by visiting the Bardney Heritage Centre website
- More information