Circular route, some town roads but mainly on quiet country roads with an optional short off road section on the longer route.
- 29 miles (46.5km)
- Starting point
Whitton Gardens car park and toilets,
Grid ref: SK 812 898
- Turn left from Whitton Gardens car park, along the Riverside Path. After 200m join the road, turn left onto Hickman Street, then at the T-junction turn right onto Heaton Street.
- At the end of the road, go under the underpass and then bear right to cross the bridge, then turn left onto the road.
- Turn right onto Shakespeare Street. At the T-junction turn left, then turn left at next junction.
- In Lea turn left (signed Knaith Park).
- At the end of Knaith village turn left (signed Upton).
- In Upton, turn left (signed Heapham). Follow the road through Heapham.
- Turn right (signed Springthorpe), and go through Springthorpe.
- Turn left (signed Gainsborough) into Corringham, then turn right (signed Aisby). Follow the road through Corringham, turn right at the school.
- At the end of the village, turn left (signed Aisby).
- At the T-junction, turn right.
- At the T-junction, turn right (signed Kirton Lindsey).
- At the crossroads, turn left (signed Northorpe). Go through Northorpe and into Scotton.
An alternative off road section (on stone and grass tracks) - approximately half a mile (800m) after turning right towards Kirton Lindsey, turn left onto a byway. Follow the track and turn right into Scotton.
- At the T-junction in Scotton, turn left (signed Scotter).
- At the crossroads, go straight on.
- After two and a half miles (4km) turn left (signed Laughton).
- At the edge of Laughton village, turn right (signed Morton).
- At a T-junction in Morton, turn left (signed Gainsborough). Follow the road.
- Turn right (signed Hospital).
- Take the 4th road on the left (North Marsh Road). Turn right onto Hotspur Road, then left onto Melrose Road. Turn right onto Nelston Street. Go straight on until Fawcett Street. At T-junction, turn left, then right onto Parnell Street. Follow the road onto Lord Street. At T-junction go straight on and return to starting point.
- Route map
- Map of starting point