A lovely short walk from the pretty village of Ropsley and through the surrounding undulating countryside.
Two miles (three kilometres)
- Starting point
Ropsley Village Hall
Grid reference SK 993 346
- From the Village Hall turn left and then right along a public footpath after the last bungalow. Follow the track straight ahead to the fence. Turn left uphill for approximately 50m before turning right to a road.
- Turn left and at the top of the road take the public footpath in the right hand corner. At the field turn right and walk along the field edge to a junction with another footpath.
- Turn left and after approximately 300m, at a junction of paths, turn right and follow the track alongside the hedge. Continue along the track as it bends left. Follow the track as it turns right and then left to an area of trees and farm buildings.
- Turn left and follow the track beside the hedge.
- At the end of the first field and junction of paths, turn left and follow the field edge keeping the hedge on your left. At the field corner continue ahead, over a bridge and straight on beside the hedge towards a group of trees.
- Cross the ditch by the trees and turn left.
- At a junction of paths, bear right and follow the path beside the hedge. At the field corner and path junction continue straight on, downhill, between the houses to a road.
- Turn right and at the end of the village turn right onto Braceby Road to return to the Village Hall.
- Route map
- Suitable for families with children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point