A walk through the small village of Foston and the surrounding countryside including part of the Viking Way (the long distance walk route through Lincolnshire).
2.75 miles (4.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
St Peter’s Church
Grid reference: SK 858 429
- Stand with your back to the Church notice board, turn right then immediately left into Chapel Lane. Follow Chapel Lane, past the Scout Hut (Gorrie Hall) and Village Playing Field and continue as it turns from road into track. This section of walk, to the junction with the restricted byway, uses a permissive footpath by kind permission of Baggaley Farms.
- After approximately 550m past the Scout Hut turn left onto a restricted byway.
- At the footpath junction turn right and follow the footpath down the middle of a field for 250m before bearing diagonally left to the first bridge over the Foston Beck.
- Cross over the bridge and turn left.
- The second bridge will appear on the left. Cross the bridge (which is part of the Viking Way) and continue straight ahead following the Viking Way for approximately 0.25 miles (400m), round to the left and then turn right at the signpost to continue on the bridleway and Viking Way. Turn left on Fallow Lane and walk back into Foston village, where Fallow Lane becomes Long Street. The Church will be found on your right after about 0.5 miles (800m).
- Route map
- Has no stiles , suitable for families with older children
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point