A walk centred around the historic town of Long Sutton and the surrounding reclaimed farmland. Walk through the town centre, the town park and out across the surrounding fertile fenland. There is approximately one mile (1.6 kilometres) of road walking.
3.75 miles (six kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference: TF 431 230
- Leave the Market House and turn right. Take the second turn on the right, Market Place.
- At the War Memorial and church turn left and follow the public footpath between the car park and churchyard. Continue along the edge of the churchyard to a road.
- Turn left and after approximately 40m cross the road with care and walk straight ahead along the public footpath between two houses and into the park. Follow the surfaced path straight on through the park to a road. Look out for the whale bones!
- At the road turn right and then left along Woad Lane. Take care along this road, traffic can be fast moving.
- After approximately one mile (1.5 kilometres) turn left onto Hospital Drove.
- After approximately 0.5 miles (800m) turn left along a public footpath between the two houses. Follow the track for approximately 200m before turning left along the footpath across the field, towards the pylon. At the drain continue straight ahead keeping the drain on your right.
- At the junction with another drain turn left and then right over the bridge. Turn left and follow the field edge and drain. Follow the path along the field edges, behind the houses and then left in front of two bungalows to a road.
- Cross the road and continue straight ahead along Park Road and then Park Lane, past the Masonic Hall.
- At the T-junction with Market Street turn right to return to the start point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
- The walk uses roadside pavements, roads and field paths. There is approximately one mile of road walking
- There are no stiles or livestock
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point