A short, mostly urban walk around the historic town and including the attractive park.
1.75 miles (2.75 kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference: TF 431 230
- Leave the Market House and turn right. Take the second turn on the right, Market Place.
- At the War Memorial and church turn left and follow the public footpath between the car park and churchyard. Continue along the edge of the churchyard to a road.
- Turn left and after approximately 40m cross the road with care and walk straight ahead along the public footpath between two houses and into the park. Follow the surfaced path straight on through the park to a road. Look out for the whale bones!
- At the road turn left, cross Park Road and continue straight on along Little London.
- Turn left along Daniels Crescent.
- At the T-junction turn right and then left onto John Swains Way. After approximately 60m turn right onto a public footpath in front of the houses.
- At the end of the tarmac path bear right in front of the shrubs and trees and then walk along the avenue of cherry trees and continue in the same direction to the corner of the playing field. Turn right and after approximately 30m turn left and walk along the path between the fields to a road.
- Turn left.
- At the T-junction turn left to return to the start point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
Has no stiles and suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point