A walk through the town and countryside surrounding Long Sutton. The walk goes through the town park and past the cemetery lime tree avenue before crossing some fertile fenland farmland.
Two miles (Three kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference: TF 431 230
- Leave the Market House and turn right. Take the second turn on the right, Market Place.
- At the War Memorial and church turn left and follow the public footpath between the car park and churchyard. Continue along the edge of the churchyard to a road.
- At the road turn right.
- After approximately 300m turn right onto Seagate Road.
- After approximately 0.25 miles (450m) turn right onto a public footpath along a track between some houses. Follow the track straight ahead.
- At the end of the track where it meets a drain turn right and follow the public footpath alongside the drain. Follow the path left over a bridge, along the field edge and then between two fields towards the church spire.
- At the end of the field at a drain turn left and after approximately 40m, and before the houses, turn right across the drain and then straight on to follow the path around the field edge.
- At a wooden fence and large manhole covers turn left. Ignore the tarmac path and road on the left and follow the path between a fence and hedge. Where the path meets a tarmac path walk straight ahead to a junction with a road.
- Turn right and follow the road through the town, past the church, to a T-junction. Turn left to return to the start point.
- Download map
Has no stiles and suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point