A walk through the town and countryside surrounding Long Sutton. The walk goes through the town park and past the cemetery lime tree avenue before crossing some fertile fenland farmland.
Two miles (Three kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference: TF 431 230
- Leave the Market House and turn right. Take the second turn on the right, Market Place.
- At the War Memorial and church turn left and follow the public footpath between the car park and churchyard. Continue along the edge of the churchyard to a road.
- At the road turn right.
- After approximately 300m turn right onto Seagate Road.
- After approximately 0.25 miles (450m) turn right onto a public footpath along a track between houses. Follow the track straight ahead.
- At the end of the track where it meets a drain turn right and follow the public footpath alongside the drain. At the bend, follow the path left over a culvert and then between two fields towards the church spire.
- At the end of the field, cross the drain and bear left towards the end of the wooden fence.
- Follow the path between the fence and hedge. Ignore the tarmac path and road on the left and follow the path ahead, between a fence and hedge. Where the path meets a tarmac path walk straight ahead to a junction with a road.
- Turn right and follow the road through the town, past the church, to a T-junction. Turn left to return to the start point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
- The walk uses roadside pavements and field paths.
- There are no stiles or livestock.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point