A short walk from Saltfleet through the grazing marshes landscape with the opportunity to visit the isolated St Botolph's church.
2.5 miles (four kilometres)
- Starting point
Project Information Hub at the Saltlfeet New Inn
Grid reference: TF 454 938
- With your back to the New Inn turn right along Main Road. At the crossroads turn left down Pump Lane, at the side of the Crown Inn.
- At the end of the houses turn right onto a public footpath and over the bridge. Walk straight across the playing field to another bridge. Cross the bridge and continue straight ahead along the field edge to a road.
- Turn right and walk along the road into Skidbrooke.
- After approximately 0.5 miles (750m), where the road bends to the left, leave the road to join the public footpath ahead. Walk diagonally right across the field to where a field edge ditch bends at right angles. Follow the path beside the ditch to the field corner where there is a junction of paths.
- Turn right and follow the path along field edges and beside a ditch towards the church.
- At the road you have a number of options: To continue the walk turn right and follow the road for approximately 0.5 miles (750m). Go to directions at 7. To visit St Botolph’s church turn left and follow the road and then signs to the church. To visit Skidbrooke Cyder Company turn left, walk past the entrance to St Botolph’s church to a T-junction. Turn left and then right along Saddleback Road.
- Turn right onto a track beside a drain and follow it to a road.
- At the road turn left, cross the drain, turn left and then right to follow the public footpath along the field edge and then across the playing field to a road. Turn left and follow the road to return to the starting point.
- Download map
Suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point