A short walk through the grazing marshes landscape and along the coast through Saltfleetby - Theddlethorpe dunes, a National Nature Reserve.
Three miles (five kilometres)
- Starting point
Saltlfeet New Inn
Grid reference: TF 454 938
- With you back to the New Inn turn left along Main Road.
- Turn right onto Louth Road, signed Skidbrooke, and follow it for approximately 200m.
- Just after crossing the drain turn left onto the public footpath. Bear right across the field, towards the end of the line of trees in the distance.
- At the field corner turn left over the bridge. Turn right, following the footpath, and after 20m turn left, cross a track and bridge and follow the path straight ahead along the side of a drain for 0.75 miles (1.2 kilometres) to a road.
- Turn left and at the crossroads continue straight ahead, taking care crossing the road.
- Walk along the tarmac lane until you reach Sea View car park. Go straight across the car park to join the path along the edge of the saltmarsh. Turn left and walk towards Saltfleet along a nature reserve path.
- At the end of the dunes cross the drain and follow the track to a road.
- Turn right and follow the roadside path through the village to the starting point.
- Download map
Suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point