Enjoy a short walk around Foxhall Wood and through the village of Stainfield. The walk uses quiet roads and field paths. Mostly easy level walking there are no stiles. It may be muddy in places if wet.
1.5 miles (2.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
Stainfield and Apley Village Hall
Grid reference: TF 108 732
- Leave the car park and turn left.
- At the junction turn right (signed Apley).
- After approximately 500m turn right onto a footpath (part of the Viking Way) beside a drain.
- After approximately 350m turn right onto another footpath. Follow the path along the wood edge to a road.
- At the road turn right, walk past the church to a T-junction. Turn right to return to the starting point.
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
Has no stiles and suitable for families with children .
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point