Enjoy a short walk in and around the village of Metheringham. The walk uses village and field paths, crosses farmland with views across to the Wolds. Mostly easy level walking there are no stiles. It may be muddy in places if wet.
Four miles (6.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
Grid reference: TF 077 613
- Leave the Station and turn right. Walk along Station Road for approximately 650m.
- Turn left onto High Street.
- Turn left onto Drury Street and after approximately 300m and at a road junction turn right onto a public footpath.
- At a junction of footpaths and the corner of the cemetery turn right along the path towards the church.
- At the High Street turn left. Follow the High Street to its junction with Lincoln Road.
- Turn right and cross the road at the pedestrian crossing, turning right to continue in the same direction.
- Cross Shiregate and after 20m turn left onto the public footpath by the side of the pond. Just past the pond, at the junction of paths, continue straight ahead along the path behind the houses. Cross the road and follow the footpath almost straight ahead. Cross the railway line with care and continue along the path straight ahead.
- Cross the bridge and bear diagonally left across the field to a gate into the woodland. Follow the path through the wood and then out over a bridge and diagonally left across the field to another bridge. Cross the bridge and bear diagonally right across the field.
- At the field edge and junction with a restricted byway turn right.
- After approximately 300m, and at a junction with a footpath, continue straight ahead along the restricted byway to a junction with a road. Turn right and rejoin the directions for the longer walk at point 15.
15. At a road junction continue straight on, signed Metheringham.
16. At the next bend leave the lane and carry straight on along a restricted byway.
17. After approximately 400m turn right onto a public footpath. Walk straight across the field to a hedge. Turn left and follow the field edge and then continue straight on into a small area of trees.
18. Leave the woodland over a bridge and turn right. At the corner of the field cross the bridge and continue straight on. At the next corner turn left and walk along the field edge.
19. Turn left at the field corner and after 150m turn right onto another footpath and walk around the field edge towards the industrial units.
20. After 250m turn left into the industrial estate and bear left across the car park to a road. Turn left and then right to a T-junction.
21. Turn right and follow the roadside path back to the station.
- Download map
Has no stiles and suitable for families with older children.
- Facilities available on this walk
- linked to public transport
- Features of this walk
- historical interest
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point