The Extended Communication and Language Impairment Provision for Students (ECLIPS) Team supports students with Developmental Language Disorder. Referral to the service is via a speech and language therapist.
We are licensed to deliver Makaton training to settings. We deliver the following courses:
- Makaton Awareness training: one day course for up to a maximum of 15 people
- The Makaton Level 1 course: one day/two half-days course for professionals and carers. This course covers concepts from stage 1 and 2 of the Makaton vocabulary.
- The Makaton Level 2 course: one day/two half-days course for professionals and carers. This course covers concepts from stage 3 and 4 of the Makaton vocabulary.
- The Makaton Enhanced Professional course: 3 day/6 half- days course. Please contact for further details. Previous training is required to access this course.
For children and young people
- Makaton is an internationally-recognised language development programme
- It uses a combination of signs, speech and symbols. This ensures that all communications are successful
- It can be used to support a wide range of communication and language needs
- It helps to build an inclusive environment for all
For staff professional development
- An internationally-recognised professional qualification
- Enhanced knowledge of communication difficulties and the benefits of a multi-modal approach
- A practical and adaptable resource to aid communication in every classroom
- Makaton awareness training: £60 per person (15 max)
- Makaton Level 1 course: £90 per person (10 max)
- Makaton Level 2 course: £90 per person (10 max)
- Makaton Enhanced course: £250 per person (10 max)
- Makaton Level 1, 2 and Enhanced booked together: £350 per person (10 max)
Level 1 and 2 courses are free to parents and carers of children with communication difficulties.
Cluster working with schools
Makaton awareness training: £50 per person (20 max)
The lead school will be responsible for the booking and payment.
All other courses can be delivered to a cluster. Charging and maximum numbers remain the same. There are no minimum numbers required.
- Email [email protected]
- Terms and conditions