The Dyslexia Outreach Team is part of the specialist teaching team. We offer enhanced support for children and young people with dyslexia.
- face-to-face advice and training for the whole school
- training for teaching assistants
- drop-ins for parents and carers
- governor training
- telephone and email helpline service
- We provided advice to support the needs of 104 children and young people in 2018-19.
- We delivered 112 training sessions in 2018/19. This involved a total of 1974 attendees from 132 different settings.
“I just wanted to let you know that we had parents evening for XXX last night. The reports we got from every teacher were so positive. XXX was beaming when we left the school last night and I can’t tell you how happy we are for her and how proud we are with how she has coped with the transition. I am so grateful for your support and advice”
“Many thanks for the training you delivered last week; everyone I spoke to felt that it was really interesting and enjoyable and all said that it will help to improve their practice - just what I was hoping for, so thank you! “
- Free advice via the helpline
- Teaching assistant training during the school day - free of charge
- Training packages - charges dependent on the need of the school
Cluster working with schools
Training support can be provided to a cluster of schools, with the cost being shared.
Requests for training support and charging can only be via the lead school within the cluster.
Delivery would take place within the lead school or another school within the cluster.
- Telephone: North 01427 787178
- Telephone: South 01205 317871
- Email: [email protected]
For all dyslexia outreach enquiries, the helplines are open on Mondays from 9.30am to 11.30am.
- Terms and conditions