The Ethnic Minority and Traveller Education Team ((EMTET) offers services including:
- individual child support
- improving parental engagement
- school readiness - supporting transition
- language and access to the curriculum
- specialist English as an additional language support
- staff training
- guidance for GCSE/A level in home languages
- attendance at TAC, CIN, CP and EHCP meetings
- workshops for all children (currently offering Learning in Another Language, Diversity, Traveller Awareness)
- initiatives within school to address community cohesion, diversity and cultural awareness
We speak a range of languages and have access to bilingual community supporters. We also have many years of experience of working with Traveller families.
Schools are able to access support by using the online referral process. Based on the case details the member of staff with the most relevant expertise will be assigned.
We will keep you informed throughout the process, and are available on the phone or email for any queries.
Bespoke packages are available to schools as well as a range of workshops for children and young people.
We work with a range of different teams across children’s services as well as external partners. This ensures we get the best outcome for everyone.
- Our officers have a wealth of experience of working with families who have different languages, cultures and lifestyles
- We will support you to work with ethnic minority families, those with English as an additional language (key focus for Ofsted visits) and Traveller families
- We help you to provide the right support to enable the children to engage and achieve
- We can also offer you a range of learning opportunities for all children to help your school and its pupils to be inclusive and tolerant of all communities
'I absolutely loved the training. It was excellent, pertinent and very useful ' - feedback from EAL coordinator training
'I learnt more about what my children think/are aware of and their pre-conceived ideas about people’s religions' – teacher’s feedback
'The Traveller and EAL workshops you presented were very informative and factual. They gave our children an insight into the Traveller lifestyle and gave an opportunity for children to empathise with children who have EAL' - feedback from teacher
'The workshop was pitched perfectly to meet the needs of our children and allowed them the space to consider stereotyping, a feature of our PSHE work, in a safe environment' - school feedback
Free of charge to Lincolnshire maintained primary schools.
To all other schools:
- Individual child support (EMTET staff): from £231 to £301 per day or £138 to £173 per half day
- Workshops: £150 (2 workshops in a half day)
- School EAL training is offered at a cost to all schools: £267 per day or £173 per half day
Cluster working with schools
Support can be provided to a cluster of schools with costs being shared between the schools. The lead school will be responsible for organising the support, charging and location.
The maximum number for delivery is 40.
Email: [email protected]
- Terms and conditions