For governor health and safety awareness sessions, all order forms must be completed by the school. This is due to the order form requesting school-specific information.
We provide services and training to help ensure schools comply with health and safety legislation. This will ensure the requirements of Ofsted and the Academies Handbook are met.
- Health and safety essentials for schools leaders – half day, on-site, up to 15 attendees. This training covers the roles and responsibilities of the head and governors in managing health and safety at a school site. It also includes a module on risk assessment.
- Health and safety essentials for operational staff - full day, at County Offices, Newland. We schedule dates through the year and communicate these to schools via Perspective Lite. The training will enable school caretakers, site managers and other operational staff to undertake their duties safely and comply with current health and safety legislation. Key areas covered during the day include:
- working at height
- ladder and stepladder use
- slips, trips and falls
- fire safety
- good housekeeping
- manual handling
- electrical safety
- visual inspections and safety checklists
- safety signs
- control of contractors
- site security and lone working
We also offer:
- topic specific training (for example, risk assessment, manual handling)
- compliance audits
- specific inspections and safety tours
- policy development support/guidance
- procedures and risk assessment guidance and support
Annual health and safety audit (self-assessment)
This process is mandatory for maintained community and voluntary-controlled schools. Therefore, this service is free-of-charge. Other status schools and academies can pay to take part.
- Health and Safety essentials for schools leaders - £295 per session.
- Caretaker training day - £98.60 per attendee.
- Audits, Inspections, Policies, Procedures, Risk Assessments - £295 day rate.
- Annual Health and Safety Audit (Self-assessment) FOC for maintained and VC schools, £98.60 for other status schools (academy, VA, foundation).
Cluster working with schools
The maximum number for delivery of courses is 15. Costs can be shared between schools and would remain the same. The lead school within the cluster should submit the request and arrange charging.
“Many thanks. The training was really useful.”
Sarah Woolley, Head Teacher, Frances Olive Anderson C of E Primary School
“Easy to follow and delivered clearly and to the point. All relevant subject matter was covered.”
Caroline Harrison, Swinderby All Saints Primary School
Email: [email protected]