We provide specialist practical support to children and young people with SEN. This helps them achieve the best possible educational outcomes and make successful transitions to adulthood.
The range of services we offer includes:
- direct specialist teaching
- assessments to identify dyslexia and/or specific learning difficulties in maths including dyscalculia
In addition, we offer:
- assessments to identify dyslexia and/or specific learning difficulties in maths including full diagnostic assessments for dyscalculia
- assessments for access arrangements and special considerations
- bespoke student programmes from which student progress can be measured
- specialist learning profiles detailing learning differences, strengths and weaknesses
- training for teachers and teaching assistants
- parental liaison and workshops
- SEN consultancy and advice on specialist support equipment
- SENDCo support and support for SEN administration
In addition to recent practical experience and qualified teacher status, each team member also holds at least one specialist qualification. These include:
- Post-graduate diplomas in dyslexia
- Post-graduate certificate in dyscalculia
- Post graduate certificate in Autism
- Post graduate certificates in SEN co-ordination
- Patoss Practising certificates
- AMBDA status
Team members have experience teaching and assessing learners with the following specific learning differences:
- ASD, ADHD and Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD) / dyspraxia
- Speech and language communication needs
- Following assessment of a pupil, your Specialist Teacher will provide you with a comprehensive individual learning profile and targeted recommendations to support pupil progress.
- STT recommends well-founded strategies and evidence-based interventions, which are known to support pupils with dyslexia and other specific learning differences. This means that you can put in the right support to enable children in your school to engage and achieve.
- Team members hold the necessary accredited qualifications required by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) for Specialist Assessors.
- All settings entering into an annual purchase agreement: £69 plus VAT per hour (1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023).
- Please ensure that you request the right amount of hours to meet your setting's needs for the full financial year.
Assessments can be purchased as follows:
- Learning profile assessments (includes assessment and report) - up to five hours per student
- Full dyslexia assessments (includes full SpLD Assessment Standards Committee [SASC] assessment and report) – up to seven hours per student
- Full dyscalculia assessments (includes full SpLD Assessment Standards Committee [SASC] assessment and report) - up to eight hours per student
- Access Arrangements' assessments – typically these take approximately one hour but, depending on the complexity and the arrangements needed, these could take up to two hours.
To guarantee access to support:
- place your order via Edulincs by the last Thursday in February
After this date, schools may only request ad-hoc hours. These will be charged at £71 plus VAT per hour (1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023) due to the additional administration costs involved. We will endeavour to meet requests for Ad hoc hours but these are subject to staff availability and are not guaranteed.
Cluster working with schools
Training support can be provided to a cluster of schools. The cost being shared between the cluster.
All arrangements will be agreed with the lead school before the training takes place. The lead school will be responsible for making the single payment.
Delivery can take place at any school within the cluster.
The maximum recommended number of participants is 50. Please ask if you want more. We will advise you how to get the most from your training.
Our Specialist Teacher helped us in our implementation of catch up intervention. She was a great 'sounding board' to work out an approach, provided us with a baseline for those children and helped identify the best ways forward. She contributes towards outcomes and raising the standards of SEND pupils' achievement in our school without a doubt.
The help we receive from our ST is invaluable. She is very much part of our team and the support and advice we receive from her is excellent. We really appreciate her knowledge and dedication.
We couldn't ask for a better service: our STT teacher goes above and beyond to support our school and we are very grateful.