Available to any school staff or adults associated with a school community including parents, guardians, carers and governors
- an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the mental health first aid action plan
- enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- understanding of how to keep themselves safe whilst performing their duties
- a quick reference card for the mental health first aid action plan
- Service Description
LIVES delivers Mental Health First England (MHFA) following adult courses:
- mental health awareness half day covering general overview of mental health and starting the conversation
- adult mental health first aid – two day qualifying as a mental health first aider
- adult mental health first aid refresher – half day re-qualifying as a mental health first aider
Available to any school staff or adults associated with a school community including parents, guardians, carers and governors.
Courses can be delivered onsite for a minimum of six and maximum of 12 candiates. Alternatively, staff can book onto courses we deliver in various venues across Lincolnshire. Four to six weeks' notice is required. Contact email@example.com
The courses provided by LIVES are delivered by a qualified MHFA England Instructor awarded by Mental Health First Aid England.
- adults will be trained with the skills and knowledge to give them the confidence to help fellow colleagues experiencing mental ill health and manage their own mental health
- adults will be equipped with a nationally recognised mental health first aid qualification
- adults will be more confident to talk about mental health therefore addressing stigma
- employers will be supporting staff wellbeing, have the opportunity to begin developing a healthier workplace and contribute to their Ofsted Assessment
For more information and costs please complete booking form and a member of the team will get in touch.
- Online booking form